Dr. Hejny suffered a severe neck injury while water skiing at the age of 19. After receiving basic chiropractic care for this injury, he no longer suffered from life long allergies. This event changed the course of his career choice from music to chiropractic care. After almost 30 years of traditional chiropractic treatment at 1 to 3 week intervals, Dr. Hejny discovered a little known approach to spinal health called Atlas Orthogonal. This gave him stability for months instead of weeks. He then pursued board certification in this technique and has put in hundreds of hours of post graduate study since 1997.
Dr. Hejny was born in New Mexico in 1946. However, He was raised in St. Paul, Minnesota.
Dr. Hejny did his undergraduate studies at:
- St. Thomas College
- University of Minnesota
- University of Missouri
- Wenatchee Valley College, WashingtonHe received his doctorate from Logan College of Chiropractic in 1970.
He has done post-graduate work in:
- Applied Kinesiology
- Applied Spinal Bio Engineering
- Bio Physics
- Gonstead Technique
- Cox Disc Technique
- Board Certified In The Atlas Orthogonal Technique
Since 1970 Dr. Hejny has sought to focus on:
- Family health and maintenance care
- Emphasize self-corrective maneuvers
- Improvement of difficult and chronic conditions, especially of the upper neck